Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Love of Writing

It seems it’s pretty easy to say what we love.  Regardless of what we love, there will be challenges to test what we desire.  Love is a choice.   Love doesn't mean it will feel good all the time.  As writers, which is an action word requires writing, but surely we would prefer to watch television or talk on the phone.  There are times when I've scheduled to write, but instead I’ll find myself doing laundry or the dishes.  I believe it’s because I don’t want to face what I have to deal with like telling the entire story or dealing with a message.  Isn't that how love operates?

Disciplined writing isn't all that joyful, but we are proud when it’s accomplished.  We know it’s something we must do, if we desire to get our story, message or work out.  There are times when you need counseling, which I would call the “Focus Group”.  It’s a group of people, who will be honest with you about your work.  They will read your material prior to the assigned session
and provide feedback in reference to your writing style, whether or not they were interested to keep you writing.  People usually say things like “break a leg” for dancers, and “until the fat lady sing”, but what do people say to writers who are expected to do well, “It will be a best seller”?
Just like love, writing is a process and it requires work.  So make a date with your computer, pad or whatever writing devices you have.


Letter.   Word.   Sentence.   Paragraph.   Page.   Chapter.   Book.

~Kim Sharkey

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kim for the encouragement…I’ve got to complete the other 2 books in my Manifesting Kingdom Commerce series!!!

    ReplyDelete