Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Write Encouragement: We Are Getting Better

Happy 2019, Just Write!!


It's been a long time, but I am back with more insight, inspiration, and information. With this new year upon us, I spent the last 2 years pondering on how to keep the blog exciting with fresh content, but then I felt at times that I was trying to force myself to create content. Then anxiety and uncertainty kicked in, plus other personal situations. So I just put the blog down for awhile and shifted my focus on taking care of myself (mentally, physically, and spiritually) and allowing God to lead me to what was next. In the midst of taking a hiatus from 'The Write Moment', I was still writing, creating, and assisting others within my other skill sets. I also took some necessary time to just enjoy myself whether I was celebrating a friend, visiting a friend, sharing a meal, or just getting a way to see family/friends for a few days or weeks. I realized that in my 'doing' for others, I wasn't 'being' myself either and fully enjoying the moments before me. It was during those moments that bits and pieces of inspiration started to come back for the blog. I shared my thoughts with Kim and I've decided for 2019 to intertwine the subject matter of the blog with the themes presented by NewBirth. Keep in mind, I do recognize that everyone who reads this blog is not a member of NewBirth including myself, but we are all Kingdom-minded writers who are here for a common goal of reaching our communities, cities, and nations with our stories and most importantly HIStory as I so eloquently put in a previous blog. With that being said, for those who don't know January's theme is "I Am Getting Better".


As I thought about this month's theme, my mind went back to several changes I made for myself on the personal end which were so necessary and then I had to make some changes on the professional end which again was very necessary which has brought me back to my creative space. I noticed that after completing projects and applying for side writing gigs (and getting the rejection notices) I was becoming stagnant and stale in my writing/editing skills. I needed to stretch my mindset and challenge myself to cultivate my skills so I can better serve those I reach. I recognized that I had to get better at whatever I was striving for to be effective. Not only from that standpoint, but from a spiritual standpoint. With prayer and understanding, I had to purge a lot of mindsets that were eating away at my spirit which manifested in the physical to the point of laziness and lethargy. From there I had to regroup and reevaluate my goals and motivate myself to be inspired again. I was reminded by the scripture, James 1:17 ("Every good and perfect gift comes from above") that everything that has been given to me comes from the One who created me. There was no reason for me to force ideas and other things to happen. The improvement comes in due time.



As I close, I encourage you all who read this to really seek God and be encouraged with your goals and projects. Let God help you create and be the change you want to see through your books, scripts, songs, poetry, etc. In these times that we are facing, it's very imperative that we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and stay prepared. Let's all be on one accord and become better for the Kingdom.


In His service,


Lequvia Ousley

4 comments: